When Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews asked me if I was interested in co-hosting a blogathon devoted to the one and only Donald Pleasence, how could I resist? Who else but Mr. Pleasence could be a Bond villain, a blind POW, a Soviet conspirator, William Hare (of the notorious duo Burke and Hare), and a determined psychiatrist, all with equal conviction? Friend or foe, the infinitely versatile character actor was always committed to his craft.
Since the blogathon will take place Halloween week, you’re more than welcome to cover any of his horror roles, but don’t forget his many other non-horror characters, as well. You might choose to review one of his films, do a retrospective of his filmography, or cover one aspect of his career (such as his enduring role as Dr. Loomis in the Halloween series). There are no limits to the possibilities.
Of course, you’re not just restricted to blog posts about Pleasence. Feel free to send us links to your YouTube video, podcast, black-light velvet paintings – wherever your creative impulses take you. Not sure where to start? With acting credits, according to IMDB, there’s bound to be something that will strike your fancy. Check out a list of his roles here.
What: The Devilishly Delightful Donald Pleasence Blogathon
Who: Hosted by Gill Jacob and Barry P.
Where: Realweegiemidget Reviews & Cinematic Catharsis
When: October 28-30, 2022
How: Please read the rules below, and send me your post request (review, podcast, etc…) via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@barry_cinematic), or by commenting below. You may also contact Gill by commenting on her post, or through her blog’s Contact Me page. (Be sure to include your preferred name, along with your blog’s title).
1. You may review ANY of his film or TV appearances. Or if you want to review books or topics about him that’s fine with us as well.
2. Because Mr. Pleasence has such a large number of appearances in his filmography, NO DUPLICATE MOVIE OR TV SHOW TITLES WILL BE ALLOWED. If a specific title has already been claimed, you may only include that title if it’s part of a list or retrospective review. If you choose to write about Donald Pleasence, tell us what your topic will be. We won’t accept posts that are uncomplimentary or disrespectful to him.
3. Review choices may be requested as a comment on this page or you may contact me through the methods listed above.
4. Add your Twitter username so we can promote your post.
5. A full list of blogs and review choices will be posted on a separate page, and updated regularly.
6. Only original, never-before-published posts will be accepted.
7. Limit TWO blog posts per participant, please.
8. Send a link of your post(s) to me or Gill on one of the days of the blogathon. Note: We will be publishing all links on both blogs.
9. Please also note: Gill and I have already claimed the following titles below:
Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews – Telefon (1970)
Barry at Cinematic Catharsis – Circus of Horrors (1960)
One more thing:
If you plan to participate, or just want to show your support, please grab one of the following banners to display on your blog:
We’re looking forward to seeing your submissions!