Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Great Hammer-Amicus Blogathon Is Here – Day 2 Recap



Welcome to Day Two of the Great Hammer-Amicus Blogathon, hosted by Gill Jacob from Realweegiemidget Reviews and me! Yesterday’s turnout exceeded our expectations, with a tremendous batch of reviews that encompassed the history of Hammer Films from 1936 to 2010, and a survey of the best of Amicus. Today, we return with a quartet of Hammer reviews, featuring vampires, mummies and witches.



If you’re still planning to participate, don’t despair. There’s plenty of time to post your link on Day Three. Please drop me a line by commenting below, via email at barry_cinematic@yahoo.com, or reach me on Twitter (@barry_cinematic). You may also contact Gill by commenting on her post, through her blog’s Contact Me page, or on Twitter (@realweegiemidge).



In addition to today’s links, be sure to visit the Day 1 Recap, and stay tuned for Day 3!







Isaac Keith Martinez from Isaac’s Haunted Beard uncovers the groovy side of Hammer with Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972)





Glen McCulla from The Psychotronic Kinematograph wraps up Blood from the Mummy’s Tomb (1971)





We return to The Oak Drive-In for Dick Scott’s review of The Witches (aka: The Devil’s Own) (1966)





Terence Towles Canote from A Shroud of Thoughts looks at the cult favorite, Kronos (aka: Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter) (1974)

6 comments:

  1. Apologies, I had meant to get this published much sooner but my ISP has been on the fritz going on three days now. BUT! It's up and done and ready to roll for Sunday. Thanks!
    https://microbrewreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-great-hammer-amicus-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I'll add this link to tonight's Day 3 update. Thanks for joining the blogathon!

      Delete
  2. I've live-blogged THE BEAST MUST DIE, in a roundabout sort of way, here --
    https://dcairns.wordpress.com/2018/06/03/the-sunday-intertitle-wolfdunnit/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for joining the blogathon! I'll add your link to my Day 3 update.

      Delete
  3. http://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2018/06/dinosaur-island.html

    Later than usual for me, but I made it in the third day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating, Quiggy! I'll add this to today's update.

      Delete