Thursday, November 8, 2018

Blog Update: Wrapping Up 2018, And Looking Ahead



Call it fatigue, call it a case of the post-Halloween blues, call it what you will, but as you may have noticed, there’s been a delay in this month’s output. Anyone who’s followed this blog for a while will know it’s been an unusually rough year for me, with life throwing some unfortunate curves. I originally intended to make it another Noir-vember, but reality didn’t quite synch up with my ambitions. So, what does this mean, while I clumsily perambulate around the bush? I’m so glad you asked (not really, but hey, it sounded like something to say). The remainder of November will be a hybrid month, with some noir reviews and snippets of other stuff I’ve delayed long enough. So, what else is in the pipeline?

2018 ain’t over yet. My usual blog stuff has been temporarily sidelined by a top-secret film noir-themed side project, but I dare not mention any more. Let’s just say I’m jazzed about it and can’t wait to share the good news with everyone in December. Also, thanks to a stellar suggestion by Kid Number II, I’ve got one more theme in store for the final month.

Which brings us to 2019… I’m almost done planning next year’s themes, and it’s a foregone conclusion that Japan-uary and Horror Month will return. After a short hiatus, Silent September, my month-long celebration of silent films, will also be back. Two theme months that have been continuously bumped from the schedule for the past three years will finally get their due. Last, but never least, I will be re-teaming with my blogging partner in crime, Gill Jacob of Realweegiemidget Reviews in June for another round of The Great Hammer-Amicus Blogathon. I can’t wait to get started, and hope many of my fellow bloggers will join us.

But wait, there’s more! That’s not all you get, dear reader, because there are sure to be more surprises. I’m still toying with some ideas about phase II of Cinematic Catharsis, which I plan to reveal next year. Prepare to be astounded, and rocked to your very core (Okay, you might want to dial your enthusiasm down a notch. Vintage trailer hyperbole may have gotten the best of me). As always, stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry been a tough year for you, hope next year better for you Looking forward to teaming up with you again and hering more of your big announcment... and thanks so much for the wee mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Gill and thanks for the encouraging words! I'm gearing up for more stuff before this year is out, including my contribution to your Richard Burton blogathon. ...And you always know I'm up for more Hammer and Amicus! ;)

      Delete